Car insurance premiums almost as low as 2016
A report from Compare the Market suggests that insurance premiums have fallen during the UK’s Coronavirus lockdown, with the average dropping from £755 to £702. This is close to the average quarterly premium of £698 in the third quarter of 2016. This suggests that there are savings to be had if you are negotiating your latest car insurance policy right now in the UK.
Top tips for saving money on car insurance from Compare the Market
Car insurance is one of the main costs of owning and running a car these days. These tips could save you money on your premium:
- Choose a cheaper car to insure
- Compare multiple car insurance quotes
- Reduce annual mileage
- Pay in one go
- Increase your excess
- Don’t pay for cover that you don’t want
- Think carefully about modifications
- Park your car off the road
- Improve your car’s security
- Think about a black box policy
- Take an advanced driving course
- Add a named driver to your policy
- Build up a good no claims discount
- Avoid penalty points (endorsements) on your license
- Think carefully about how to describe your job
- Look at buying add-ons separately
Read more on savings you could make and get a quote from Compare the Market.
Build up a good no claims discount
At Non-Fault Car Accident Repair we offer an alternative to making a claim on your car insurance, which in turn will protect your no-claims discount and keep your premium as low as possible. We promise to significantly reduce the stress associated with a non-fault accident by taking care of all the paperwork and conversations with the insurers. We’ll organise repairs to suit you (in our Car Magic workshop if you are nearby) or somewhere more convenient if you are not local to the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or Buckinghamshire areas we usually cover.
Subject to claim acceptance with an identifiable third party we will go ahead and provide a like-for-like car within 24 hours to get your back on the road. Speak to our team from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm on 0800 059 0220 or simply fill out a claim form online to get the process started on our website.